Cache La Poudre Middle School
Student Item Pick Up/Drop Off Schedule and Plan
We have created a schedule for your students to retrieve/drop off any items at the school. At their designated time students will be required to return any items that belong to the school such as; laptops, chargers, laptop cases, text/library books, or instruments. In addition to the locker contents, we will also have purchased yearbooks, 8th grade awards, and any other items for your student to pick up. Each student must complete this process as quickly as possible. See email with specific dates and times.
According to Larimer County Health Department requirements, we need to limit the number of people in the building and ensure the safety of all.
- We are requiring one, and only one parent to come with your child/ren.
- If you are able to sanitize items you are returning, that would be great.
- If you have COVID symptoms, please do not come.
- The schedule attached must be strictly followed so we keep everyone safe. We will practice social distancing and the wearing of masks will be required at all times. No gathering can occur, students/parents will come in, take care of business, and exit the building.
- Anyone with a single locker (ie: they do not share a locker with anyone) will not come into the building. Their locker contents will be bagged and returned to them. Student’s will drop off and pick up items in the parking lot (see specifics below).
- Students who share a locker with another student will have access to the building on May 20th (more specifics below). Please bring as many bags as necessary to hold the contents of your student’s locker. Only the student and one parent may enter.
- Please arrive on time. Anyone entering the building should plan to complete item drop off/pick up in no more than 10 minutes.
You will receive an email on May 13th with the exact items your child needs to return to the building. Any school items not returned will require a fee to be paid to cover the cost of replacement.
Drive Through Procedures (for students with a single locker (ie: they do not share a locker with anyone) and no siblings ) – May 19th
- Students and parents will drive into the CLPMS parking lot at the scheduled time listed on the attached spreadsheet.
- Parents will pull up to the front of the building. Exit vehicle and place any items to return to the school on the table located outside of the main entrance. Please make sure to have your student’s name (written on a piece of masking tape) on their laptop and place their charger inside the case. Please label their case. Instruments, library books and textbooks will also be placed on the table.
- You will then be instructed to wait behind cones while we retrieve all of your student’s items.
Building Access (for students with siblings and for students sharing a locker) – May 20th- Anyone entering the building must have a face mask/covering and stay 6 feet apart from others while inside the building.
- Student/Parent will arrive at their schedule time (see attached schedule).
- Student/parent will enter the building through the main doors and proceed to the table located outside of the gym entrance.
- Place all items to return on the table outside of the gym (laptops, chargers, cases, textbooks, library books, instruments). Please make sure to have your student’s name (written on a piece of masking tape) on their laptop and place their charger inside the case. Please label their case.
- Items for pick up (yearbooks, certificates, etc.) will be available at this same location.
- Proceed to your student’s locker and remove all of your student’s belongings. There will be trash cans and recycle bins in the locker hallways if necessary.
- Exit through the doors between the cafeteria and the music room.
- Each student/parent pair has 10 minutes to complete this process.
Please keep in mind all locker contents will be dispensed to the student to whom the locker was assigned. If your student has items in someone else’s locker, please work with that family to retrieve your items.
Tuesday, May 19th – All students with single lockers.
Wednesday, May 20th - All students with shared lockers and students with siblings.
If you are not able to come during your scheduled time, please email Carla Bredehoft at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will schedule a time for you to come between 9:00am- 10:00am on Thursday, May 21st.
If your child will be completing make up work after the drop off days, and you do not have a computer at home they can use, please email Carla Bredehoft at email@example.com and we will schedule a time for you to come between 9:00am-10:00am on Tuesday, May 26th.
Permanent Principal Message